Monday 5 November 2012

Saying goodbye is never easy...............

Saying goodbye is never easy in any context.............. even when it's to your faithful friend of 10 years!  I did today, to my faithful PT Cruiser.  Having previously been a person who really viewed a car for its functionality the arrival more than 10 years ago of this beautiful piece of mechanical artistry with its retro styling (in my opinion anyway) changed my mind.  My eyes have never felt the need to steal a glance at another vehicle even when it was clear she was beginning to feel her age.  However when potentially serious, safety faults appeared my husband encouraged me to let her go!  Never an easy thing to do though.  Parting photographs have been taken, well she deserves to be pride of place on a wall in our house, I am sure you would agree!

Such is life though.  I give God thanks today (day 315) for the 10+ years of safe motoring my family, friends and I enjoyed in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!