Sunday 18 November 2012

The Book of Life .......... what an inspirational read!

It really was just a pleasure to be in the House of the Lord today!  Without bias, the worship time, led by mine truly was simply breathtaking and moved me to tears.  It really did feel like a gathering of family and friends.  Our Friends continued their 10th wedding anniversary celebrations with a special blessing and this was extended to all married couples.  After service we gathered together for light refreshments and my husband commented on how much longer we all tend to linger, that no one is in a hurry to leave our fellowship home.

The Pastor's sermon was about marriage and afterwards I was reminded of something my father- in -law said at our wedding more than two decades ago: -

"If you run into any difficulties in your marriage please don't come to me, but instead go and consult the Book of Life, in which answers will be found!" 

My father-in-law is a most wise man who continues to be an inspirational figure in the Aina family.  I could write a small book full of the many wise life rules he lives by.........

It is so so important to have role models / mentors in our lives to help us to keep a reality check on life and keep us grounded and today (day 327) I give thanks for the blessing of my in-laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!