Tuesday 6 November 2012

When the dressing gown beckons!

I chuckled this evening when I got home after school at the sight of Aaron in his dressing gown.  The cold winter evenings mean that unless he is going out after school he settles into grandpa mode, snug and cosy.  We are creatures of seasonal habit are we not!  In the summer we do no see Aaron for dust as he fully embraces the sunny outdoors.  He plays out far less and when he does returns home much earlier than planned!

I was really blessed by something so simple so let me share it with you .................... about standing out from the crowd.

'Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it
without...thinking...' Romans 12:2

A man walking into a bank held the door open for the lady behind him.
Instead of thanking him, she said, 'You don't have to hold the door because
I'm a woman.' Smiling, he replied, 'I'm not doing it because you're a woman,
I'm doing it because I'm a gentleman.'

Profound I think.

As believers we do what we do because of who we are 'in Christ',
not because of how society thinks we should act. John says, '...
The Holy Spirit...lives within...so [we] don't need anyone to
teach [us] what is true...' (1John 2:27 NLT).

As Christians,...our citizenship is in heaven...We belong to the kingdom
of God...We need to be on our best behaviour, otherwise people will get
a distorted perception of what our homeland is like...Our earthly culture is
pagan to the core...God left us here for a purpose...to demonstrate what it's
like to be a member of another country, to have a citizenship in another land,
that we might create a desire for others to emigrate.' Think about it!

Wise words for which I am thankful today (day 316).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!