Tuesday 30 October 2012

In awe of so much courage..................

I don't think there was a dry eye in our house tonight after watching the Pride of Britain awards.  Where does one begin, as one inspirational story followed another, stories of lives overcoming the greatest of adversities, spirits digging deep to summon the courage to go on.

Doreen Lawrence, the mother of Stephen, whose racially motivated murder, started her on a journey that would last nearly two decades, but cause a complete overhaul of the justice system has always been a woman I am in awe of.  Her closing statement on receipt of her award, "I would swap this award to have my Stephen back" summed up the depth of a mother's love.  The pain in her heart was so evident and the passing years had not diminished it.  Despite her unimaginable loss she has been able to do so much for young people through the charity she and her husband set up in Stephen's memory.  She is indeed an inspiration..............

My Gracie and Aaron both looked at me and said "We have so much to be thankful for."  Today (day 309) I couldn't agree more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!