Monday 22 October 2012

Keep counting those blessings..................

I did an extra day today to cover for the other unit teacher who was not in which meant I was teaching the other year 5 class.  The looks on the faces of the children in my class as I walked past them to collect the other class from the playground this morning........... they naturally assumed that if I was in school when I shouldn't be then I must be in for them.  They jokingly shouted 'traitor' and 'how could you' as I led the other class in.  It was funny. 
We do get used to things being just so don't we?

Now on a different note my beloved PT Cruiser, my loyal car of 10 years is seriously beginning to show its age and is needing far more TLC than my husband thinks she is worth.  Parting though is not going to be easy.  Today however my husband was most concerned about whether or not, in his absence, she would be reliable enough for me to use this afternoon for a few errands I had to run, as well as taking Grace for her dance lesson.  Well it was a wonderful blessing when as I left school to walk home to be met by my boy Sam who had come to help me carry my bags to quicken my journey.  He knew I would need to get home quickly to see if my car was going to humour my pleas to play ball.

They are everywhere aren't they.............. blessings, the God things sent to us when we most need them, but particularly when we don't even know we need them.  Thank you Lord for giving me such a blessing today (day 301), from my precious boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!