Sunday 5 February 2012

Count those blessings...............

'Snow has fallen, all around us, children have played and had lots of fun.  It's still the season for love and understanding, Happy Sunday everyone'.  Shakin's version was slightly different I know but........

I enjoyed a chat with two lovely and special people today, my gorgeous niece and my brother-in-law.  I am blessed to have many princesses in my life and Nia-Maya, caring, sensitive, 'bright and beautiful' (see what I did there) and a singing star to watch, is one of them.  My brother-in-law, Barbi called to check how we were coping with the sub zero temperatures and slipped in that he was enjoying tropical temperatures.  At this point I would normally threaten to slash his tyres (in love of course) but alas Nigeria is a few too many miles away.  He is such a blessing, more my brother really.

Talking of blessings I can't believe we have already entered the second month of this year so I thought I'd throw you a challenge.  I've done it myself.  Grab a piece of paper and on it write down all the blessings you have received this year, in just the month of January.  Read through and thank God for each one and then blu tac / sellotape it somewhere you can see each morning; it will serve as an encouragement to you throughout your day, especially the tough ones.  At the same time let us remind ourselves of how much we can and should be a blessing to others too, that in itself is a blessing and today (day 41) I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!