Wednesday 15 February 2012

It's good to have a mentor..............

Even a two hour delay on the M11 couldn't dampen our spirits today.  In fact it was a good time to just look around and just take in all that was around us whilst praying there were no fatalities in the accidents that were causing our delay.  Our discussions were varied, from wondering whether the driver of the Salisbury's truck next to us would share his cargo with us should the delay be a more lengthy one to me wondering where and how I would 'wee' should I be pressed, especially in my jumpsuit!  As time passed Gracie kept us amused by her constant references to food; her displeasure at any vehicle carrying food, to the tower that reminded her of a McDonalds tower.  She commented that she was dizzy from hunger although our suggestion that she preserve her energy by not talking was met with a 'very funny mum & dad' look.  Aaron had the right idea and just dozed.

It was a relief to turn into my sister's road as we arrived some three and a half hours later and the welcome made it all worth while (as always).  As we tucked into our lunch and Gracie's tooth finally came out much to her delight and she now awaits her visit from the tooth fairy I was thinking how good it is to have another place you can call home.  Thank you sis and bro............

I was sharing my blogging venture with my brother-in-law Alan and my sister was commenting on how she was being blessed by my posts.  I feel blessed that she is being blessed by my efforts.  What incentive to continue!  As we always do we shared so much but the essence of it was a desire to live 'simple lives' driven by the desire to just love and bless with all that we are and all that we have.  Importantly, we must remain firm in our faith in seasons of plenty as well as seasons of little.   That's not an easy thing to do but it is possible.  My in-laws are inspirational in living life in this way and I know I have set my aspirations high to be like them but boy am I going to try.  Believe me when I say they are people everyone should have the opportunity to meet.

The essence of our discussion was that it is good to aspire and have mentors, someone or people who really exemplify the kind of life I believe God wants us to lead (the kind of life I want to live) and Today (day 51) I am thankful to have such examples in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!