Monday 13 February 2012

His Grace is sufficient...................

As my boy returned to uni this morning I looked at his tall frame and smiling face and really really gave God my thanks for the young man he has become and has yet to become.  He is genuinely a kind, gentle, polite and loving soul whom people just warm to, you just can't help it..................  He is most definitely in his father's image.
After drying Aaron's tears (Yes I managed to stay dry) I reminded him that Sam's return meant that it would not be long before he would be home for a good few weeks, at Easter. 

Chatting to my 'lil' sis this evening as she was just arriving home at 7.00pm after a long and tiring day at work.  She was sharing that tomorrow may be an even longer day and just how tired she was.  Recently I was expressing the same to her and just yesterday sharing the same thoughts with friends.  The working week is often an action packed, fast pace one, with barely room to draw breath as we often try to pack 48 hours worth of life into 24!  Thank goodness that even when the going gets tough............and it does, we are not to worry because His Grace gets going and keeps us going!  I am so happy that she will get a chance to get away for some R & R with her guys this week-end.

Everything we do, every sacrifice we make, is out of heart felt, deep, unfailing, selfless love for our loved ones and that makes it a pleasure. 

Talking of pleasure we had great fun looking through stacks of old photos today as I was looking for some to use in the scrap albums I'm doing for each of the kids.  Now, some of the photos were old and Gracie didn't recognise me in one or two of them (well I was about 12 years old).  The idea that parents were ever 'that young' is a hard one to take in when you're 6 1/2 ! 

Today (day 49) I am thankful that His Grace is sufficient for me.........and you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!