Wednesday 29 February 2012

Marching into 'March'.......................

The end of the month signifies certain things;  pay day......Hooray, household expenses to pay....... yay!  Did I just say 'yay?'  We often say no sooner it comes it's gone.  Very true, but you know what, I am just so glad it came and grateful that I can pay those bills, even in this tough economic season.  Right before my eyes that bottle of 'Shloer' got smaller and smaller but the price didn't.  Don't get me started on the wongarific (is that a word) cost of the weekly shop.  The girls and I used to enjoy the odd glass of Asti Spumante.  Not any more.............. thank goodness for 'Villa Garducci' and if the going gets tough there's always 'Lambrini'!  Well perhaps that's pushing it!

The end of each month is so much more than just 'another pay day';
  • it gives an opportunity to reflect and take stock of loads of blessings, small ones, big ones, unexpected ones, just when I needed it ones!
  • it means the next school holiday and time for some R & R is not far off
  • at this time of year it means we are closer to seeing the sun make a more regular appearance
  • each month has its own attributes - March is such a beautiful month, the birds are touching down on the runway that is my flat roof after their vacation; buds just begin to poke through branches on naked  trees; the days start to feel that bit longer.
Gracie and Aaron went on the trampoline last weekend for the first time since October and after a very high energy session busting some (hope mummy doesn't see us doing this) moves, lay down under a blanket staring at the sky deep in conversation..............................

Today (day 65) I am thankful for the significance of each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!