Saturday 4 February 2012

Staying focused despite............................

Today was a rare Saturday, I got to have a reasonable measure of a lie-in and after a hard week's work that's like winning the ultimate prize.  My son was also rather pleased that his football match had been cancelled due to a frozen pitch, so more time in bed for us all except Gracie who has far too much to do to let sleep get in the way! 

I quite often use such times to 'ponder' life and explore / gather my thoughts, nothing specifically, but rather many things.  I am sure I even talk to myself (I know what you're thinking)!  Today I pondered on the Christian walk and how sometimes in life, situations, circumstances, events can distract, discourage and detract from what is important.

My answer is to 'stay focused despite'..................

I stand on a promise that says  'greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world' (1John 4:4).  This is what I am firmly holding on to.    Today (day 40) I am thankful that each day I wake, even before I  get out of bed I recommit to Him and surrender it all.  Imagine being able to do that!  Then I can go boldly, with my suit of heavenly armour, where no one...............................  Get my drift?

Have a blessed Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!