Friday 24 February 2012

It's good to accept praise and thanks

It is good to say 'thank you' and express gratitude in all situations.  I try to do this as much as possible, for small things as well as the big things.  I was so blessed to be on the receiving end today and it really lifted my spirits.

I had had a couple of sleepless nights in anticipation of a lesson observation by a county inspector as well as the Head;  4 teachers had been chosen and I did joke to the Head that they had chosen the two newly qualified teachers, a vegetarian and I was the ethnic one!  No, seriously if was stressful.  It doesn't matter how long you've been teaching, being observed isn't natural.  I really thank God that it went really well and the feedback was overwhelming and highly favourable.  The Head sent an email to staff feeding back the outcome of the inspector's visit and today treated us all to doughnuts and cookies.  But I really became emotional when he came into my classroom with a bottle of wine, which was totally unnecessary because it's what I do every day, to say thank you for my efforts.  Later on he brought me my formal written feedback which reflected all he had said to me.

Every day isn't like this but it is important to embrace words of thanks and gratitude when it is and I certainly did and today (day 60) I am thankful.

What ever you have planned for the week-end, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!