Thursday 23 February 2012

Loving memories last a lifetime..............

Today (day 59) I am thankful to be able to pay tribute to a great man, my uncle (well he's actually my husband's uncle but he and my dad were friends - as close as brothers really, and I knew him before I met my husband) who passed away this morning.  My heart is full of the warmest of memories of my childhood when a visit from "Uncle B" would be like winning the lottery.  He always brought along good cheer, laughter and a couple of tubes of Smarties!  and when he was leaving there would always be some silver coins for me and my brothers and sisters to share.  It was always a joy to hear his familiar greeting  of "Yes keh!"  Life was just good when he was around!

Although he had been in poor health lately, his passing is still something of a shock; he was just someone you thought would always be around, with whom one thought there were discussions yet to be had.

My mother-in-law said something that really struck a chord with me tonight when we spoke about my late uncle.  The whole family had  been paying for his recovery, but  in addition, Dad had been simply praying for God's will to be done and if that meant He called Uncle home, then that was what we should accept.  Dad just wanted God's perfect will to be done in Uncle's lfe as in all things.

Mum also spoke of how proud and boastful uncle had been about his children and grandchildren.

One thing Uncle was sure of was that he was loved and that he was a blessing to us all.  Equally, he loved us too.  The physical loss will cause our hearts pain, but the pain will be soothed by a good measure of love-filled memories and of those, we must not let go.

RIP Uncle B........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!