Wednesday 1 February 2012

Home sweet home............

Waking to the cold chill this morning was a rude awakening indeed.   Brrrrrrrrrr, it was and still is coooooooooooold!  Looking out of my bedroom window though, it was a beautiful scene, icicles on some branches of the trees which stood quite indifferent to our frosty dilemma.  I could hear just a few birds, perhaps those brave enough to make an early return from warmer climates and join us.  As they sang their songs I couldn't help but think their message was 'we have come back to stand with you, in solidarity'! 

My daughter checks quickly to see if it has snowed and returns disappointed, but full of hope that snow is on its way.  In fact she quickly consults the computer to remind herself of how snow is made, maybe to send a prayer and message containing the recipe up to the sky, in case He had forgotten!

People with determined expressions carried on with their day, perhaps not aware that somewhere not too far away up to 80 people had lost their lives because of this cold snap with temperatures as low as -29 degrees recorded.  Some of them had been homeless. 

Today (day37)
My Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be your name
Thank you for giving me and all my family and friends, near and far, this day, our daily bread; enough food to eat, warm clothes to wear and of course warm homes to take shelter from the sometimes harsh environment, not attributable to the weather, ...........life!

Lord I thank you that a warm welcome awaits and that Your Kingdom has room for all, a place where no one will be homeless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!