Tuesday 31 January 2012

MOT of life..........

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name O most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning and your faithfulness by night.

This is the song that was in my head this morning  and it is indeed good.  Given the poorly state of my car recently imagine my gratitude on hearing it had passed its MOT.  You know what it's like, the phone rings and if your car is as old as mine you're open to the fact that it might need bits and pieces replaced although sometimes they could be large, expensive bits and pieces!  In fact since my husband bought the car for me nearly 10 years ago it has only failed the MOT once and it was only an additional minor expense. 

It is easy to be drawn to the attraction of newer models in so many areas of our lives: job, house, even friends, but let's not be quick to ditch the 'old and reliable', the 'steadfast and faithful'.

God has no beginning and has no end, so He is ageless.  He passes the MOT of life every time.  His manual is free and there for all who desire it.   He is reliable beyond measure and will never let you down.  How awesome is this!

Today (day 36) I am thankful I accepted his offer to become a 'God chick'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!