Thursday 5 January 2012

Lift your soul with some 'music'

I don't know if like me you love music.  Having just watched an audience with the lady herself, Diana Ross, I'm reminded of how good God's gifts are, especially the gift of singing / song writing.  My music taste is varied, the Bee Gees, Dolly Parton, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, The Bay City Rollers (yes), Bob Marley, Ladysmith Black Mambazo Bruce Springsteen, Brian Adams, Phil Collin, UB40 and so many more!  Our home is always buzzing with some fine tunes and we can all often be found on you tube belting it out with one legend or the other.

Even before I take off my coat at school the first thing I do is to put a CD on.  This week it's Ladysmith and I always spend a few minutes giving the children a short biography about each artist.

Today (day 10) I am grateful for the amazing gift that is 'music', it's therapeutic, often healing but certainly uplifting power!

1 comment:

  1. The past few days i have been struck down by a flu type virus. After having such a restful and peaceful christmas break it was a shock!
    But it is not possible to feel hard done by as i feel so loved by both my family and my church family. Everyone is doing their bit and showing me they are thinking of me, praying, clearing and cooking. My boyfriend Andy did my shopping and cooked for me, my mum is here clearing up, my church family are praying for me and sending me sweet texts to cheer me up. I am very grateful to have them all, what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!