Tuesday 17 January 2012

'Breakthroughs'

I awoke this morning with several songs on my heart but the one that stayed with me throughout the day was  'How great thou art'.  You know God is exactly that.

One of the most wonderful things about working with children is when you experience a breakthrough in a child's learning and today I had two such tales to share with parents.  The smile on a young face when they 'get it' or tell you how much they are enjoying school now.  It is priceless!

My desire, through prayer, is that each child I teach leaves my care enriched in some way and that I have been a positive influence.  It is not an easy task as you are often in 'battle' with forces beyond your control.  We are constantly under pressure to deliver and make the figures add up, but the rewards far outweigh these.

So when I am marking books late into the night and bleary eyed in the morning I will continue to say (day 22) 'How great thou art'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!