Sunday 15 January 2012

Remembering...........................

I called my mother-in-law today ........................to see how she was doing.  We speak often (yay to mobile phones and network coverage, even in remote places) but our chat today was special.  You see today would have been my sister-in-law, my husband's baby sister (metaphorically speaking) and her only daughter's 38th birthday had she not been called by our Lord nearly 9 years ago.

Mum said she had started the day wearing her brightest, most cheery clothing but then changed to something more subdued.  I encouraged her to make sure in future, on this day, that she wears those cheery outfits because what we are celebrating today is the goodness and grace of our Lord who blessed us with my sister in law but also chose that she should return home at the time she did. We reminisced and laughed and left each other in very good spirits.

We do not always understand the ways of God, but the Christian walk is one that will be full of different seasons, including sorrow but also joy and gratitude for the blessing she was to all of us.  None of us have a blemish free character but Mum and I agree she was close!

Today (day 20) I am so thankful for my beautiful, wonderful, inspiring mother-in-law who has been such a blessing to me, even before I began my own journey of marriage with her son, my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!