Wednesday 25 January 2012

It's good to try new things.........................


I am a huge fan of 'strictly come dancing' and admire the way the celebrities, many of whom have never danced before embrace the ethos of the show and work hard each week learning a variety of dances, many requiring intricate foot work.  With gritted determination they tackle the waltz, fox trot, jive, tango, disco and anything else that is thrown at them.  It just shows that you are never too young or old to learn something new.

Well I did the same today.   I joined a dance class.  Well to be precise a 'body conditioning with dance' class.  I wasn't sure what to expect and had visions of being hoisted up on to a conveyor belt and put through my paces like a car does when it goes for its MOT!

I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Admittedly I was nervous................ you know what it's like when you go to a place for the first time, you are out of your comfort zone; well it was very much like that.  However we were a real mix of ages, sizes and abilities so I didn't feel out of place.  The instructor was my daughter's ballet teacher and she encouraged and indulged me with a little bit of extra help through out.   After a gentle warm up we went straight into the 'jive' although I think mine was more of a freestyle version.  I am so looking forward to next week's class and will be doing my homework before then!

Today (day 30) I am so thankful that I have opportunities, like this one, to try new things, what a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!