Wednesday 11 January 2012

Birthday milestones

Birthdays are amazing gifts.  In the passing of a moment you leave one year behind and enter into a new one.  I just find this transition of time mind blowing.  Certain age milestones make such an event even more wonderful for children and adults alike.

When one reaches a certain age each year becomes a time for reflection, evaluation of life's priorities, reviewing aspirations and of course giving thanks.  I marvel at the knowledge that my Father in heaven knew me even before I was fashioned in my mother's womb and determined the day I would be born.  That is why birthdays are so important to me, not just mine but those of my loved ones, family and friends.

Today (day 16) I am thankful for a friend who is celebrating her special day.  I pray it has been a day full of fun, love and laughter and blessings that have surpassed her expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!