Sunday 29 January 2012

To God be the glory.................


Where did the week-end go!

  • Children fed (several times this week-end I might add), check
  • Aaron, football match and street dance lesson, check
  • washing done & school uniform ready, check
  • Gracie's hair, washed, blow-dried, braided, check
  • bath & toilet cleaned (someone has to do it), check
  • car back on the road, check
  • Aaron gave me impromptu dance lesson in preparation for Wednesday, check (I am not competitive I've just got to be good!!!!!! Hee Hee)
  • 81 school books marked, check
  • Prep for school, check
  • Dad taken daughter roller skating in readiness for attending a party next week, check
  • school bags packed, check
  • 5 hourly doses of paracetamol, check (I am determined not to succumb to the pull of this flu thing)
  • Feeling in need of a holiday, check
  • Feeling completely rested, no check

Giving God all the glory, check, check, check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You know even if we had 48 hours each day we would still not have enough hours to do all we needed or wanted to do.  As a new week starts and although I do not feel very rested I am most thankful for all that I have been able to do and so much more.  I didn't limit myself and God didn't either.  How much more must I not limit my God.  He is able to do all things and is not under the constraints of a 24 hour day.  So lay every thing that is of importance to you and yours at His feet.  Nothing is too mundane so tell Him what you would like to get done and then get on with it, rely only on His strength.  Sing, dance, pray as you along.

In the midst of it all the blessings were still coming thick and fast.  A birthday card from my mother-in-law arrived from Nigeria yesterday, a phone call from a lovely and dear friend whom I hadn't seen for a while.  The icing on the cake was to receive words of encouragement tonight from my bro' in Christ Don (well he's really just like a big brother to me) regarding my blogging which he is being blessed by. 

So tonight (day 34) when my head hits the pillow (after setting the alarm clock; during term time it wins the stand off every Sunday night!) my heart sings a song of gratitude.










1 comment:

  1. ...being uplifted and blessed by this blog of yours...check, check! Hope your week is a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!