Sunday 8 January 2012

Tears of gratitude...........

Today has ended in tears!  I knew it would.  I know what you're thinking so let me explain.

My son returned to uni after a truly wonderful month of fun, love and laughter.  Each time he returns after a lengthy stay we challenge ourselves to a 'tears free' departure and that has yet to happen.  My younger two cry because they share such a close, strong bond with their brother that they will miss him terribly.  He is an amazing big brother who loves them deeply and showers them with affection.

My tears are for many reasons: I am so proud to have raised a confident, smart, kind, caring, giving, selfless young man who has begun his own independent journey called adulthood; I too miss him so much and will often go and just sit on his bed.  My son is around the same age that Stephen Lawrence was when he lost his life in the most tragic of circumstances.  Having just watched on Panorama his mother's suffering since that day, 18 years ago, most of all I shed tears of gratitude that I have my beautiful, beautiful boy, healthy, happy and loving the Lord. 

I am today (day 13) grateful that I am able to shed such tears and not those of sorrow...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!