Monday 30 January 2012

To be a Mum...............


I left school pretty pronto today and so was at home whilst Gracie stayed on. A a member of the signing choir Monday is practise day.  As soon as she arrived it's me she looks for.  Up she bounded; "Mummy I just love you so much".  What greater affirmation is there than to be loved, warts and all.  When she wakes in the morning it's me she tiptoes to and wakes with a gentle kiss (although the creaky floorboards give her away).  She gives the best cuddles and I mean right in your neck, legs wrapped around your torso kind of cuddles. 

My boys are no different.  Sam, at 19 still gives me goodnight kiss when he is home and likes to snuggle when the two of us stay up late to watch a movie.  That reminds me I am suffering withdrawal symptoms and due a date with James soon.  Bond, James Bond of course!  Well the 22 digitally remastered cds won't watch themselves you know.  Just in case you're wondering Roger Moore remains the BBE (duh, the 'Best Bond Ever').  Now where was I?  Every mum has her favourite comfy seat and mine is on the red sofa, wall side.  It means I can safely have a cup of tea or glass of sherry by my side.  I can't tell you the battles and cross words that have been exchanged between Aaron and Gracie over whose turn it is to sit next to me or how long the other has been sitting next to me..............

You won't get this kind of pedestal treatment from anyone or anywhere else but your children so lap it up big time.  Today (day 35) I am thankful that after applying to my God I got the job and have been doing it for nearly 20 years!

PS my lovely TA Liz must have had heavenly insight into my post tonight as she handed this to me when she entered the classrom.  It was beautifully written and reduced me to tears.  I have now put it in my 'Tai' box of stuff.  Here it is though, word for word.

A Mum

A mum is a small portion of God's love in action
She looks with her heart and feels with her eyes
A mum is the bank where her children deposit their worries and hurts
A mum is the cement that keeps her family together and her love lasts a lifetime
You can have everything in life but you only get one mum
so show this to anyone who is a lovely mummy and let know how wonderful she is

I just did!
x



                

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!