Sunday 22 January 2012

Happy Sunday!

Earlier this week my son asked me "What is the meaning of life?"  It was part of his RE homework.  I couldn't give an answer, not because I didn't have one but rather I had so many and wanted to find a way of putting it succinctly.

My answer was that for me, as someone who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and wholeheartedly dedicate my very being into his care and will follow him all my days I believe the purpose of my life is to be a disciple; living a lifestyle where I am seeking, everyday to be more like my Father in heaven; nurturing relationships with other believers and spreading the 'Good News' to pre-believers.  None of these are easy but I will run this race until the day I come face to face with Him.

The message at church this morning confirmed this, not just to me but to all of us who love Him.  We need to step out, reach out, lift up, praise up and bind ourselves together in true agape fellowship.  Only then will we experience the fullness of what He has in store for us, individually and as a body.

What an honour and privilege to walk with the Lord Jesus.  Happy Sunday to you! (Day 27)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!