Thursday 19 January 2012

Words (1).....................

Today was one of those busy, busy days where your feet don't seem to touch the ground.  But I praise God for it.  From the moment I opened my eyes I knew I would have a long day ahead, so much to do at work and errands to run after it!  In all honesty sometimes I hadn't got a clue how I was going to fit it all in but prayerfully prioritise and begin!  Even when more is asked of me and I say 'yes' or 'not a problem' and then think about what I have just agreed to, God guided me through the day.

In the midst of it all I have been blessed; very kind words of appreciation and affection from not one, but several of my colleagues have made my busy day a special one.

Such actions have reminded me of the power of words, to build or tear down one another.  Tonight when my younger son was feeling a little disheartened about something I was able to use choice words to encourage and lift his spirits and the smile on his face confirmed to me how priceless and necessary such actions are.  For that I am thankful (day 24).

1 comment:

  1. What encouraging words! You have reminded me this morning of the importance of words...to encourage, uplift, restore, embrace, and love with every word that passes my lips. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!