Wednesday 18 January 2012

Her Father's daughter............

As we sat down to eat dinner tonight I marvelled at the amazing grace of God.  I looked at my daughter and she giggled each time she caught my gaze.  My goodness she is so like her dad; sideways, face on, any which way, she is his image.  They both have a smile so broad and bright to bring cheer to every occasion.  So many of her characteristics are his too, including their love for food.  By the way, my daughter and I enjoyed a lunch date at school yesterday, macaroni cheese, yum yum!

They even share similar shaped toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Personality-wise Grace has her father's drive and determination to succeed at everything she commits to and an infectious enthusiasm for everything life has to offer. 

The Bible tells us that we too are made in our Father's image.  How awesome.  What about our characters?  How do they compare with that of our Father?  Well I know that I fall short but my Father in heaven loves me 'warts and all' just as my husband loves his girl.  I will continue to allow Him to mould me and complete the good work he has begun in me because he is faithful............and after all I am my Father's daughter and today (day 23) I am thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!