Friday 20 January 2012

Our daily bread............

If George Foreman was asked to say something about January perhaps he would say that 'It's the lean, mean month' and pay day seems sooooooooo far away.  The banter in the staff room has pretty much been around this.  I have to admit that post the festive season I have to be careful and creative in ensuring that the contents of my purse spreads that much further. 

The new term at school means that perhaps articles of uniform might need replacing, extra curricular activities need to be paid for, student accommodation rent is due, my car tax is due at the end of the month and in addition my car, poorly from the harsh winter weather needs some tlc of the monetary kind ASAP.  All this together with the regular family expenditure.  It's enough to send one into a fiscal meltdown!

Yet every time I have opened my purse I have had all those needs met.  I have even been able to bless my extended family and friends.

So although my purse isn't bulging with dosh, wonga, dough, readies, spondoolies (I don't think this word exists, I might have made it up!) it is bursting at the seams with gratitude.

God said He would 'Give us this day our daily bread' and today (day 25) I can testify to that.  So this coming week as I dig down into the depths of my chest freezer and make 'something out of nothing' I am going to sing a song of praise to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!