Thursday 12 January 2012

One of those days!

Today has been one of those days.  You know........................late nights, early mornings and a long working day.  Frustrations from a variety of sources have not helped either!  Such frustrations are intent on distracting me and make me wonder what it's all about.  I know though that I must not lose sight of what God wants for me and where he wants to take me and for that, today (day 17) I am grateful.

Through out today the 'serenity prayer' has been on my mind.  You have probably come across it at some point but here is the full version.  It speaks volumes!

 
The Full Version of the Serenity Prayer


God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change...
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
Amen.

Attributed to Reinhold Neibuhr

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! I used to say that prayer when i was a little girl, thank you for sharing it again.
    Kyliex

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!