Tuesday 21 February 2012

When the going gets tough, God keeps you going..............

There are those days and there are t-h-o-s-e days............ I won't send you to sleep with the fine details but basically it was lots of deep breaths and just not letting it all get on top of me.  You know, God grants us favour in the midst of it all by blessing us with people who 'have our backs' (remember I wrote about this in a post a couple of days ago). Such favour and blessing was my portion today when a good friend of ours (I say ours because she is a friend to all of us as well as being my mate) gave us a helping hand without hesitation or reservation.  That is God's favour.

At school today, I found myself having lunch whilst typing reports for parents evening, finalising the planning for a lesson observation later this week with my partner teacher, and preparing for an afternoon timetable that had to be changed this morning to accommodate another year group's needs.  It was necessary to continue to take those deep breaths.  I realised if I didn't, tears were the only other option.  Thank goodness for the blessing of a lovely TA who kept providing me with cake and cups of tea.  A lengthy staff meeting later and I was finally able to pick up my girl from kids club and head home.  Yay!  You know, when the going gets tough, God keeps you going and today (day 57), I am indeed thankful.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!