Thursday 1 March 2012

Life experiences ...............wow!

As I collected the children from the playground there was a chorus of "Mrs Aina, where is your costume?"  Yes, 'World Book Day' has come around again, far too quickly in my opinion!  I am, however, a great advocate of reading and also a real fan of dressing up.  However I still have clear memories of dressing up seven years ago as the 'Cinders' half of 'Cinderella whilst a colleague who said that as her boyfriend had not yet proposed marriage pleaded to be allowed to go as the post fairy godmother 'Cinderella' as it might be her only chance of wearing anything close to a wedding dress!  Yep I was conned.  He did propose and two children later..........................  The children truly embraced the spirit of the day as did my very own 'Snow White'!

I feel that there are certain experiences in life that are life changing outside of experiences of marriage, motherhood, illness, untimely passing of loved ones.  For me, for instance, being ministered to by the children from the 'Watoto' Ugandan Orphanage and the privilege of having some of them spend time in our home; having conversations with inspirational people; reading books about inspirational people like 'Doreen Lawrence'. 

There are also movies that do the same thing; 'The Blind Side', 'Coach Carter' and I can add 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' to my list.  I went to see it on the recommendation of a friend of mine and I truly believe every adult who has lived a little or a lot and experienced the ups and downs of life should see it.  I laughed at intervals through it, but when it got going so did my tears.  The life lessons were too many too mention and I am still absorbing all that this film was.

One quote from it that I so truly believe is that 'Life is a privilege' and that when we wake up in the morning our heart's desire must be to do the very best we can.

Today (day 66) I am so thankful for the opportunity to have seen this film and like my friend did to me, I highly recommend it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!