Tuesday 27 March 2012

A snapshot of me........................ not by a long shot!

Today's staff meeting was quite a heavy one, OFSTED talk as their visit is imminent.  An OFSTED visit is an interesting one; a group of government appointed personnel visit a school for a day or two and make an assessment / evaluation of the school based on snapshot lesson observations as well as other data provided.  I have deep concerns about such an evaluative process by people who know nothing about me but whose words, written / spoken can tear me down or build me up.  Despite the Head teacher's encouraging words we were all pretty depressed at the end of the meeting. 

Today (day 92) I am thankful that the One who knows me and knew me before I was even formed in my mother's womb is greater than any inspector.  He doesn't take a snapshot but looks at me as a whole and knows that I am His work in progress.  What an awesome God I serve.  I am so thankful that He loves me, warts and all and will not define me by an isolated lesson that I teach, but rather looks deep into my heart and knows the passion I have for my job / profession and that each day I do my very best for the children in my care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!