Monday 12 March 2012

Time to reflect.........

Reflection is such a wonderful thing.  I treasure my time of reflection through my daily posts.  In fact the excitement of sharing my daily blessings means I am reflective throughout my day, regardless of the situations I face and that is such an awesome state of being.  There is an objective perspective and outlook that comes from being reflective.  It really does change you, especially if it becomes a regular habit. 

Reflection for me comes in many forms; always when I listen to music and as I am a 'people watcher' I reflect on what I observe in others, at work and at play. 

Reflection stops you from making the same mistake twice, it gives you the courage to take risks, it encourages you to forgive, it makes you strive to be the best person that only you can be, it whispers in your ear how much He loves you, warts and all...................what an awesome God !

Today (day 77) I am so thankful for quiet times of reflection.

Here are some of my favourite quotes about 'reflection'

Reflect upon your present blessings -- of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings

The past can't be changed, can it? It can just be forgiven.”
Elizabeth George

Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action.
Peter Drucker

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!