Monday 26 March 2012

Be a blessing where ever, when ever...............it's our calling!

It is so good to bless as well as to be blessed.  I was happy to be on the giving end today.  God calls us to be a blessing to all around us, in what ever way we can.  My TA came in today and as we always do we shared tales of our week-end with each other.  She was very tearful as she told me her daughter had been ill and had gone to the emergency room.  She continued that although her daughter was 32 she would always be her baby and that she was upset because she had gone to the hospital on her own. She knew her parents were entertaining during the week-end and didn't want to disturb them.  I gave her a hug and asked what I could do to support her.  As her daughter was returning to hospital today she asked if it was ok for her to accompany her although it would mean leaving me without support.  I told her that her priority was her family and she did not need to worry about school.  Liz is such a blessing to me in every way and to be able to support her is a privilege.

Opportunities to be a blessing continued and after school Ayo picked up children of a friend who was in hospital and they spent the evening with us.  It felt like an episode of the Waltons.  It was lovely watching them interact with each other and simply enjoy playing together in the warm sunshine.  Listening to their banter as they ate together in the garden, childhood is such a wonderful thing.  Together with our younger two they all snuggled together to watch a movie as one of our friend's boys said 'Aaron you're like a brother to me' to our younger son.  Out of the mouth of babes we can learn so much.

Lord today (day 91) I am thankful to be able to be a blessing where ever I am, in what ever capacity I am called to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!