Tuesday 6 March 2012

Embracing the fullness of now

There is nothing I love more than finishing a day at work at just putting the key in the front door.  I'm home, I can kick of the shoes and shed the clothes (don't worry I do replace them with comfy lounge-wear).  For me it is such a poignant act, it signals the beginning of a slower pace, more listening (from me) than talking (it's a requirement of the job, honest); I can just sit and stare at my babies as they de-brief, often at the same time, about their day.  I do so love it.  For that moment of time I don't think about tomorrow, instead, embrace the fullness of now. 

I must share something else that made me very emotional.  When I was chatting and catching up with my good friend yesterday we were sharing how we (our fellowship of friends from years back) had been going through different things, sometimes really tough things and really needed the strength of each other to lift and build.  One of the things we used to do back then was for our men to get together, once a quarter, for some male bonding, the benefits of such times of fellowship were clear to all.  Life can and does get busy, often beyond our control and desire and such initiatives fall by the road side.  But because 'The name of the Lord is indeed a strong tower' good times are resurrected.  Blessed be his name! 

Today (day 71) I really am just thankful for where I am at and what God is teaching me about myself and this roller coaster called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!