Wednesday 21 March 2012

Giving thanks with a grateful heart..........

The countdown is on.............only a week and a bit before an eagerly awaited holiday and although the path is still laden with many administrative tasks before then, it's onwards and forwards.  I have completed assessments with the children in my class (bar the few that are poorly) and normally I would bring them home and mark over the hols but with a steely determination to try and put my feet up and just hang loose (I think) I ploughed on with the marking straight away.  Sometimes when I have an onerous task to do I find it helps if I almost go into a mechanical mode and just get it done!  Get it done, I did and I am most thankful that I was able to get my head down and finish the job after school.  I can now focus on planning my teaching for the summer term.  It feels so strange to think that the final school term for this session is on its way.  Where does the time go?  The lovely weather today might even have fooled us into thinking the summer term was here already.  It has certainly wet my appetite and I want more of it.  Come on sun, shine! 

Talking of planning I don't know about you but I do find daily to-do lists a most useful way of prioritising and taking stock of all I need / want to do.  I do two lists, school and home / personal. My to-do list speaks to me during the course of the day, a silent personal assistant.  Tonight as I glance at my lists and carry things over I am thankful for all I have been able to do today at school (day 86) which means a lighter load tomorrow.  I am also very grateful to my TA with whom I am able to share some of those loads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!