Wednesday 14 March 2012

Cosy evenings and the good old days!

Move over 'Von-Trapps', the Ainas are in town!  Hee hee.  Gracie, Aaron and I have been harmonising to some of the most inspiring, uplifting tunes by the talented Matt Redman (Heart of Worship), Ron Kenoly (Ancient of Days) & Hillsong.  We went up a massive notch when the man with the voice arrived home after work.  It has certainly been an evening of creative out pouring as Aaron drew some of his friends, cartoon style and Gracie amazed us with her ballet moves as her dad tested her knowledge of some French words used in ballet...................  Being with my guys really is my most favourite thing in the world.  There is no God like Jehovah that's for sure, look how He has blessed me, way beyond all measure.

Talking of blessings I must tell you a story.  I was watching a Bond movie the other day and Ayo and I were discussing the retro styling of the earlier movies featuring Sean & Roger (I am on first name terms with them).  From the beautifully cut suits and Grace Kelly style dresses to the furnishings back then.  We got on to discussing the 1960s traditional dial phone and reminisced for ages about that long forgotten model with that instantly recognisable ring!   It brought back memories, like using a 'Bic' Biro to dial...........................  It suddenly occurred to us that with the speed at which technology was moving, gadget wise, our three would never experience the same 'good old days' as us, days of superb craftsmanship & styling.  It's like that with a lot of things.  Do you remember the televisions sets of the 70s (gosh I am really showing my age now) and the LP record player.

Well my gorgeous husband, who himself won a 'Best Dressed Man' award in the 90s (and would obviously still win one, hands down, now) decided to take me down memory lane and treat me to an original, refurbished and restored working 1960s traditional dial phone in the best colour ever, canary yellow!  I get emotional every time it rings because it just takes me back to a time when although life was at times tough, I made precious memories with my siblings and today (day 79) I am most thankful.


1 comment:

  1. A canary yellow retro telephone......what a lovely lovely lovely gift.....x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!