Friday 16 March 2012

It's not so much what you know but whom you know........

It was quiz night at our local entertainment centre and I was invited to make up a team with some friends.  Actually I think they were scraping the barrel when they asked me: fountain of real knowledge, no way; knower (I should start my own thesaurus) of all things random, then I'm your girl. When Gracie asks a questions outside of the primary school curriculum I can often be heard to say 'Gracie ask daddy because he's the clever one in this partnership'.  He truly is somone who knows a lot about a lot of things.  Now ask me the name of the first Bond movie or how many movies George Lazenby did and my knowledge will runeth over!

I couldn't attend tonight because I was waiting for the man of my dreams to return from Belfast (I think it's the super king size bed that he can sleep in diagonally that's drawing him back there), but quiz nights are fun.  It's not about the winning, it's the taking part that counts, so we tell our children.  We usually leave it to the teams of very retired folk to battle it out, well they have all the time in the world to read up!  I just go for the fish and chips, lovely company and side splitting laughter.  We all know that it's not what you know but whom you know and I know a Man in the highest of places and He comes highly recommended.

So instead of such high powered brain activity at the start of a week-end I opted for a more sedate activity called 'take-away & movie night', well a girl's gotta live a little.

Today (day 81) I am thankful for the fact that my boy will be home in 7 days............  What ever you have planned for this extra special week-end (they are all special in my book) enjoy to the max and God's blessings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!