Wednesday 27 June 2012

Embracing each day for its uniqueness.........

The arrival of Wednesday always seems to be a focal point for discussion, most of it around being thankful that it is Wednesday because it is a sign that the end of the working week is in sight and the weekend does not now appear too far off.  I do like Wednesday because of these reasons, but I think every day could be viewed in a similar way.

On a Monday I am thankful for the weekend I have just had, memories of which are still fresh in my mind.  My body is usually well rested and refreshed.  I look forward to seizing opportunities to make a difference in the lives of the children in my care at school and my colleagues too.  On school nights my younger two sleep early and so Gracie and I have our special cuddles & natter before bed.

Tuesday although a longer working day because we have our staff meeting after school, gives me an opportunity to touch base with colleagues I normally might not see during the busy school day.  Neither Gracie or Aaron currently have extra curricular activities on a Tuesday so it's home and just hanging out with them and a longer linger around the dining table!

Each day will brings its own challenges so I think it is important to see and embrace the uniqueness of each after all there is only one of each day in any given week.  There will always be days of the week we favour more than others.  With that in mind Lord I thank you for this unique day, Wednesday, that brought challenges but also reasons to be thankful and I am today (day 184).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!