Thursday 21 June 2012

The lighter side of life....................

I knew today was going to be a pretty heavy day at school and if I'm honest I wasn't truly looking forward to it.  Yet my approach was going to be the same; keep my eyes firmly fixed on Him.  I knew my day would need sporadic bursts of lighter, laughter moments to get me through.  Well my Gracie was the first provider of that.............. as she got dressed for school in her room she called across for me and I rushed to her room to be met with "Mum please can you buy me some new knickers as these are too small, they roll up as I try to get them on!"  I struggled to keep my chuckles under control because she said it in such a matter of fact way.

My chuckles continued during the course of the day.  A memorable moment was when the children were on the carpet and I was giving and discussing their recent test results with them and the girls began to point and scream in succession.  I flew off my chair and we all started to make a beeline for the door.  The reason behind such hysteria - there was a spider slowly making its way down its web, I presume to join in our discussion and one of the girls had spotted it.  The scene in the classroom at that moment was just hilarious and we think the spider made a quick retreat back up its web!

It is comforting that even in the midst of heavy situations God brings light relief, His way of saying 'Don't worry about a thing' and for that I give thanks today (day 178).

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!