Friday 15 June 2012

Home sweet home..........................

It's funny how you sometimes don't realise how tired you are until you sit down.......... I am shall we say 'beat' on my feet!  The children were safely delivered to the waiting hands of parents, a bottle of wine gratefully received from my Headteacher and a tall, dark, handsome bloke with the biggest smile ever arriving to take me home.  It is so good to be home.  My wonderful and loving mother-in-law had called my guys every day this week from Nigeria just to check in on them.  Even in my absence God sent the reassuring voice of an earthly angel to keep a check over them and His grace was sufficient for them all this week.

With Sunday being the day for honouring Fathers I found this message quite poignant because when I look at my husband I can see that he received the four things mentioned from his parents and as such is a first class example for our three.  Today (day 172) I am thankful to be back in the hub of all things family.

Give Your Children These Four Things
'Bring them...and I will bless them.' Genesis 48:9
Give your children these four things:
1) Instruction. 'Do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let
them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children'
 (Deuteronomy 4:9 NIV). It is not the responsibility of the government or
the school system to instill character and convictions in your child; it's
your job! And God will hold you accountable for it.
2) Correction. 'Discipline your children while there is hope' (Proverbs 19:18 NLT).
Children who know how far they can go are relieved of a great burden.
Knowing your authority will stand gives them security. When they learn
that no really means NO, they'll be able to say it to others, and to their own
impulses.
3) Blessing. 'Joseph said unto his father, 'They are my sons'...
And he [Jacob] said, 'Bring them...and I will bless them.' Old Testament
parents laid hands on their children because they believed the blessing of
God was transferable. If nobody did this for you then start a new tradition,
for with God's blessing comes peace, long life and prosperity
(See Deuteronomy 28). That's why the enemy has attacked you so often;
he's trying to break the link through which the blessing of God comes.
Don't let him.
4) Example. A great preacher once looked into the crib of his infant son
and prayed: 'Lord, if ever You made a man, make me one now. Let my life,
my example and my prayers mold him into someone You can use.
And, Lord, let me die twenty-four hours before I say or do anything that
would cause him to stumble.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!