Friday 1 June 2012

The role we are born into .................

60 years, a remarkable achievement and certainly one to be celebrated.  To have been crowned Queen at the tender age of 26 and take on the responsibility that came with it must have been a daunting experience.  Since that time she has lived a life in the public domain and experienced the same highs and lows of family life as you and I.  Life has not always treated her kindly but yet she continues in the role that she was born into.

It got me thinking the role each of us assume in life.  Now I am not a queen, but I am a princess because my Father is a king.  I am re-born into the kingdom of the most high...........

Jesus Christ was born into a royal family and was destined to play the most important role in history, the saviour of the world.  It was a role He was born into, one for which He paid the ultimate price, his painful death on the cross.  Thank God for his subsequent resurrection............... He accepted this role, but at times asked His Father to release him from it if it were possible.  I wonder if the Queen has ever had such feelings or desire to be released from her role?

My role as a classroom teacher comes with a lot of responsibility, sometimes overwhelming in nature, but I know it is what I was meant to do.  There are highs and lows too, but never ending blessings too and although I have not yet  reached the 60 year mark I am thankful today (day 158) to have come so far and look forward to how God is going to use me within my role!

So this most special Jubilee week-end let us raise a glass to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.  If you are celebrating her Diamond Jubilee in any shape of form have a wonderful and safe time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!