Friday 8 June 2012

Growing up and resolutions................

My baby boy Aaron went to his first real evening party today to celebrate a friend's birthday.  Well up until today most parties have tended to be an hour skating at speed at the local leisure centre, bowling or the cinema intertwined with a sleep or rather wake over at one of his close mate's house.  Tonight was different because it was a party of volume that went on until 9.30pm!  Yes 9.30pm..........  He had been suitably interrogated, I won't bore you with the questions I asked, but both he and his older brother looked at me peculiarly, with smiles on their faces.  I'm not quite sure if they were smiling at me or with me.................. mmm I must ask them!
For me such events are a big deal and confirm that not only is he growing up, but how different he is to his big brother Sam.  Aaron is, with certain limitations and boundaries, experiencing more than Sam did at his age and than I did at Sam's age.

Just to tickle your funny bone!

 'You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going.'
PJ O'Rourke

I find it fantastic viewing, just observing the differences a few years can make to the lives of each new generation, differences that challenge us as parents and most certainly keep us on our toes.  Equally though I feel such differences allow us, without compromise, to embrace each child's uniqueness, through the road of life.

My three are quite different characters, yet very much the same ....... you know what I mean.

On a different note a good friend of mine called me to update me on a situation that had been troubling her.  Many conversations later it was clear that the only thing to do was to give it over to God and prayerfully and patiently wait for His resolution.  Well she didn't have to wait too long as He has begun to show her breakthroughs ................ I am thankful today (day 165) for such resolute steps in the right direction, according to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!