Friday 13 July 2012

Setting a world record..................

200 days of gratitude........................God's grace has been and continues to be sufficient for me. 

I was watching a programme on the television tonight called 'Guiness World Records' where a melting pot of contestants displayed their peculiar talents in order to secure a place in the book of world records.  I won't expand on their exploits, but some were clearly dangerous.  Mouth wide open at times I wondered why people would be prepared to risk their lives for such a prize.

Yet there is One who had no gimmicks, but instead gave His life, not to earn a place as an entry in the 'Guiness World Records' book, but as the author of the greatest book in history (a record that cannot be broken), the Book of Life, so that you and I could have our names written in;

The Lambs Book of Life - Not everyone has his or her name written in the Lambs Book of Life! Ones name is not written in at birth, nor does he or she have it written in by the sovereign choice of God. A person's name is written in the Lambs book of Life only because he or she chooses to ask God to place it there. Jesus Christ offers us eternal life if we receive Him, if we invite Him into our hearts.

Today (day 200) I am thankful that God's grace is sufficient for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!