Wednesday 11 July 2012

Looking and learning.......................

Gracie was engrossed in something in her bedroom and even had the door closed.  When I went to investigate she was busy writing a song, her first song and without (well ok, some mummy bias) it was pretty good.  She said she had tried to get some of the lines to rhyme.  After singing it to me
a cappella she announced that over the next few days she will be trying to put a tune to it on the piano! 
"Wow," I said, mouth ajar and a big encouraging beam on my face.  Great things start with small beginnings so I am excited for her enthusiasm, creativity and diligence.  She was writing another verse right up until bedtime.  Yesterday she was busy designing a dress for one of her dolls.  Where will her creative juices take her to next.  In fact next week she will be performing a piece 'Ode To Joy' on the piano at her first music concert at school............  My Gracie embraces life to the full and loves people, such inspiring qualities in someone so young.  Well I am inspired and humbled as I look and learn!

Today (day 198) I really am just thankful to have been blessed with the privilege of being a parent to such a 'Grace.'  In all she does she is so true to her name: it stems from Latin "gratia" meaning "pleasing quality," "favour," or "thanks." In Christian theology, grace is the unconditional love of God toward all people.  In Greek Mythology, the three Graces (Kharites) were Goddesses of adornment, beauty, dance, festivity, grace, mirth and song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!