Monday 16 July 2012

Affirm............. say it loud and proud

"Mum I was really nervous at first.  My hands were shaking when I started playing."   My Gracie, tonight, youngest solo performer at the school music concert.  It's ok to be proud isn't it?  As she finished playing she looked round to find us in the audience, just for that look of affirmation. I applaud my girl because I certainly didn't have such confidence at her age, to perform in front of a packed hall.

As parents we encourage, build, guide, support; it is a pleasure and privilege to do these things, just like our Father in heaven wants to do with us.  Her delight at the end of the evening when we met up again and simply told her how proud we were of her was just priceless.  She skipped along in her 'high' heels as we headed home. 

Aaron too got a surprise at school today.  He was awarded a certificate of excellence in four subjects in recognition of outstanding work and progress.  I had barely parked the car when he came racing out to ask me to guess what had happened.  He was in no doubt we were proud of him and delighted for him; he had grafted to earn such success.  We tell our children that God will always honour the labour of their hands with good fruit.

Expressions of affirmation last a life time so say it loud and proud.

Today (day 203) I am humbled to be a part of such inspiring, young lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!