Friday 6 July 2012

This is my desire.........................

Building a relationship with God:

'Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord...' 2 Peter 3:18

First, Make up your mind. Spiritual growth doesn't happen by osmosis. You don't just wake up with it one morning, you have to set your heart on it and make it your highest priority.

Second, Break up your will. Until your will is surrendered to God and brought into alignment with His purposes, you will go in circles spiritually.

Third, Wake up your faith. Obey the leadings of God's Spirit. Don't be afraid, He will not let you down. Just make sure you don't let Him down. 'Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for He who comes to God must believe that He is...a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him' (Hebrews 11:6 NKJV).

Fourth, Take up your cross. '...If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it' (Matthew 16:24-25 NKJV).

I don't know about you, but this is certainly my desire, to build the most important relationship of all.  Thank you Lord today (day 193) for spelling it out so succinctly.


This is my desire you to honor you
Lord, with all my heart I worship you
All I have within me I give You praise
All that I adore is in you

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me


I believe all other relationships we make in our life journey will have, underpinning them, our relationship with God.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!