Monday 2 July 2012

A cup full of life's tonic!

As the academic session begins to draw to a close so too are the extra curricular activities that my younger two enjoy.  Often to mark the occasion parents are allowed to watch a special performance of the dance classes and today was my opportunity to look inside, beyond the blacked out door and see what she has been doing.  What a treat it was too; it was her modern jazz class and they were showing us the routine they will perform for an exam in the autumn and my jaw ached from smiling, not just for her wonderful delivery, but from the beam that was on her face from start to finish.  She loves to dance and seeing her today made all the mad dashes after school and juggling of finances to make it possible all the more worthwhile (she has asked and expressed a desire to add tap dancing to her repertoire)!    On Wednesday I will get to repeat the process again when I sneak a peak at her ballet class.

Simple things like this lift my spirit no end, and are a body, mind and soul tonic if ever there was one and today (day 189) I humbly give gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!