Thursday 12 July 2012

poetic license or not?

This week at school we having been mixing the children up and doing some activities on some of the countries taking part in the Olympics this year.  My group have been exploring and finding out about the rainbow nation South Africa!  One of the tasks they were set was to write an acrostic poem for South Africa.  It got me thinking and I thought it would be lovely to do the same, but about Jesus Christ.  This is what I came up with:


Just come as you are
Embrace the love to be found in his outstretched arms
So that your life may be made brand new
Understand this, you have been born again
Stand up and continue on your life journey

Celebrate you no longer walk alone
His gospel of truth you must now share
Rejoice in the Lord God most high
In reverence and without fear
Say it loud and say it proud
Today is the day my Father has made and I will rejoice in it

Today (day 199) I am thankful that with open evening over at school it really is the final countdown until the summer vacation begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!