Wednesday 25 July 2012

Many hands made light work.......................

I really am just very thankful today (day 212) for my loyal dynamic duo, Aaron and Gracie who insisted on accompanying me to school today for day 3 of 'sort my new classroom out for September!'  Now we all know that moving home is mega stressful, but I nominate moving classroom for second prize.  Monday was my 'where do I start, help somebody,' day.
                           
Tuesday was my 'all things bright and beautiful,' day.  Well it's amazing what orange and yellow backing paper can do to lift a dull dreary room.  I hadn't been excited when I was told where my new classroom would be as it is a narrow, quite dark space and needed a lot of tlc.
                             
Today though was lovely; Craig, Sting, Barry, Maurice and Robin entertained us musically as we plodded on with the endless jobs.  Aaron experienced a little of what it's like to do 9 to 5 shift and Gracie carefully cleaned and rearranged a couple of bookshelves before deciding that this thing called work experience was not for her and made a swift exit to a friend's for the afternoon.  My Aaron though has staying power and stuck it till the end and even took photos of his handiwork.  Mission accomplished (well nearly!)  The hot, hot sun meant we did feel like were doing a work out and so may be a couple of pounds lighter.

ps here is the second instalment to decision making.

Decision Making (2)
'Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.' Proverbs 16:3
Here are two important things to remember when you're making an
important decision:
1) Believe that God is directing your steps. Because He is! 'The Lord directs
the steps of the godly...Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the
Lord holds them by the hand' (Psalm 37:23-24 NLT). God didn't say you
wouldn't stumble. He just promised to pick you up, dust you off, correct you
when you need it, and keep working with you. J. I. Packer says: 'A moment
of conscious triumph makes one feel that after this, nothing really matters; a
 moment of seeming disaster makes one feel like this is the end of everything.
But neither feeling is realistic, because neither event is really what it's felt to be.'
So don't get bent out of shape; by God's grace you'll handle it and come out wiser.
2) Realise that God can bring good out of bad situations. 'And we know that
God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and
are called according to his purpose for them' (Romans 8:28 NLT). In every success
story you'll find struggles and setbacks. And you'll also find tenacious faith that
refuses to give up. After listing a series of adversities that would make your worst
day seem like 'a trip to the beach,'
Paul writes: '...None of these things move me...' (Acts 20:24). Where does such a
n attitude come from? It comes from knowing that God is working in you,
He's working with you, and He's working through you.
And as Ethel Waters used to say, 'My God don't sponsor no flops!

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!