Tuesday 3 July 2012

Meal times ...........don't let them slip away

When my husband is working far away like he was today I don't expect him to be home early as the drive home is usually a lengthy one, but today I got a lovely surprise, he arrived home earlier than expected.  For Grace and Aaron it meant they would see him before they go to bed and he would be able to join our natter after dinner which tonight was about habits, specifically food habits.  Don't ask me how we got on to that particular or should I say peculiar subject and boy did we chuckle.  We established that Grace's food habits replicate that of her Dad and that I get somewhat cranky when I am very hungry!

Meal times are one of my favourite times because we can be there for a long time and no one minds.  In fact it is a struggle to leave the table.  It gives us all an opportunity to share, encourage, laugh, remember, look ahead, discuss the things we are thankful for, bring forth things we are concerned about.  Meal times are not like any other times and really must be treasured and made a priority of family life as much as is possible.

Today (day 190) I am thankful for the gift of being able to share and partake of such an immensely special time with my precious dinner guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!