Monday 30 July 2012

Intimate times......... anywhere

I took an extra long shower this morning, no, not because I was in need of a deeper scrub, but I was just lost in a special moment, in deep conversation with my Father, praying and mulling lots of things over with him.  It must have been a good 20 minutes which might not seem long, but trust me it is, when there are no immediate demands on you or your time.  It was a lovely intimate time, really gave the day a kick start!

Talking of the day, where did it go?  It was already after 3.00pm before we set out for a bit of exploration.  Mind you there was the matter of charging a flat car battery for a couple of hours (short story, tell you another time!) before we could set off.

I don't know if you have one of these, a special notebook to jot down lots of random thoughts, ideas, prayers, anything really.  Well I have a personalised one that was given to me by a friend that I use for this sole purpose and I have been putting it to good use.  If you don't have such a notebook I highly recommend you purchase one and keep it nearby all the time.

Thank you Lord today (day 217) for reminding me of the necessity of such intimate times with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!